Jumia Travel is Africa’s No.1 Hotel Booking Website. Founded in Lagos, Nigeria by a team of passion driven, experienced entrepreneurs, our vision is to create the best travel booking experience ever. With over 200,000 destinations online, we provide our customers with full and reliable information about the destination they want to visit.
Responsibilities for the Revenue Manager Job
- Revenue Manager’s role will be to implement revenue management strategies and processes in our client hotels, in order to optimize and maximize on revenue. In this role, the job holder will spend a lot of time analysing trends in the Hotel industry and contacting Hotel management more often so as to keep the inventory up to date
- We are seeking a suitably qualified Revenue Manager to be based in Nairobi with travel across East Africa.
- Implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
- Act as the overall business development consultant for the hotel manager/owner.
- Challenge and influence hotels to improve on service levels and operational standards.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of staff at the client hotel.
- Embed a revenue management culture.
- Manage self and tracking progress with Excel spreadsheets/Smart sheets.
- Create trust with all partners
- Build and lead cross-functional teams that are able to anticipate and deliver solutions to client issues.
- Support the Customer Service team
Qualifications for the Revenue Manager Job
- Undergraduate Degree/Diploma in Business or Hospitality
- Previous Revenue Management/Call Centre experience
- Experience working in the hotel industry or a travel agency will also be an added advantage
- Must be a Kenyan National; fluent in both written and spoken English, Swahili
- Able to develop relationships with 3rd parties and the hotel teams.
- Independent and resourceful
- Strong drive and leadership abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A good understanding of statistics and logic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to meet demanding revenue management targets
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties. High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
How to Apply
If your profile meets the requirements, please send your CV to [email protected] with the “Revenue Manager – Jumia Travel” as the email subject. Application deadline: 19th May 2017 COB
Jumia is as an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.