Riara International School Teaching Vacancies
The Riara Group of Schools has been in existence for four decades and is a leading institution in the education industry.
Comprised of both the 8-4-4 schools and the Riara International School, the institution is inspired and motivated by the Riara philosophy of quality education to bridge higher education and the dynamism of the labour market.
Riara International School seeks to fill the following vacancies for the September 2016 intake:
Positions: Key stage 1-3 teachers
Position 1: Kiswahili and Art Teachers
Subject combination: Must be able to teach the British National Curriculum (BNC).
Position 2: Music and French Teachers
Subject combination: Must be able to teach the subjects in both 8-4-4 and BNC systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching pupils according to their educational needs, including the setting and assessment of work, lesson planning and preparation etc.
- Organizing and participating in extra-curricular activities.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils including providing guidance and advice to pupils; making relevant records and reports.
- Participating in preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, and programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and spiritual nourishment.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the pupils.
- Participating in administrative and organizational tasks related to such duties as are described above.
Qualifications Knowledge and Experience:
- A Diploma in Education. A first degree in education will be a definite advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in British National curriculum.
- Conversant with SAT (standard assessment tests).
- Proven track record in co-curricular activities such as sports and clubs.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office Suite packages
- Must be of high personal integrity and ethics.
- Must have accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- A team player with the ability to establish understanding and rapport with colleagues across the entire organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates to send a copy of their CV including current and expected remuneration and contact details of 3 referees to [email protected] by close of business on Friday, 5th August 2016.
- (Only short listed candidates will be contacted).