Rift Valley Railways (RVR) Ltd is in the middle of a Ksh. 25 Billion (USD.287M) turnaround process with major investments going towards expanding and modernizing the fleet, improving rail infrastructure, introducing high-end technology with a vision of becoming the premier rail and logistics provider.
Exciting career opportunities in Operations department has risen and we now seek to recruit a strategic, committed & results driven persons.
Purpose: We require an all-rounded Diesel Fitters.
(5 posts)Key Strategic Deliverables
- To overhaul, Service and Repair High and Medium Horse Power Diesel Engines
- Servicing of engine parts
- Trouble shoot and Repair of engine parts
- To overhaul, service, Trouble shoot and repair of air compressors, traction motor blower, fan gear units, drive shafts vertical/horizontal, gear arrangements of different types and models.
- Overhaul, service trouble shoot and repairs of turbo blower for Both High and Medium Horse power diesel locomotives.
- Trouble shoot, repair, Overhaul and calibration of injectors, fuel injection pump(s) and Governors.
- Overhaul, service, repair and maintenance of power assembly of High Horse Power Engines.
- Overhaul, service, repair and maintenance of cylinder Heads of Medium Horse Power Engines.
- Overhaul of lube oil coolers, charge coolers of all classes of locomotives
- Service and Repair of any related components as may be assigned from time to time.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Must have at least Class I Trade Test – Diesel fitter or equivalent.
- Must have at least Certificate in plant or Automotive Engineering or equivalent
- Diploma will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- A team Player and ability to self-manage
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure with Minimum Supervision
- At least 2 years working in a busy workshop.
- Able to trouble shoot, interpret, diagrams, use and interpret precision measuring instruments.
- Resilience/Adaptability and Flexibility
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and a clear commitment to RVR’s Core values.
- Able to interpret Mechanical Schematic diagrams
- Measure and interpret readings from high precision measuring instruments
How to Apply
Suitably qualified applicants should submit their application letters, with detailed CVs including a day time contact phone number and email addresses citing the relevant job title on the subject line to:- [email protected] Note: The deadline for submitting application is before by close of business on 4th March, 2016 In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.