The Rift Valley Water Services Board (RVWSB) is responsible for development of water and sanitation infrastructure within its area of jurisdiction. In order to carry out the above function more effectively and efficiently, the RVWSB wishes to fill the following vacant positions:-
- Legal Services Manager- Job Ref: RWB/HR/LSM/01/2017(1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for:
• Advising the board on legal and regulatory matters
• Provision of guidance on Corporate Governance matters
• Safe custody of collaterals, chattels and other organization properties
• Coordinating issuance of legal undertakings
• Provision of Secretarial Services to the Board and its committees
• Liaising with external lawyers and other legal bodies on the board matters
(i) LLB from a recognized institution and be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
(ii) Post Graduate qualifications in relevant field will be an added advantage
(iii) Must be in possession of current Law Practicing Certificate
(iv) Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries
(v) Must demonstrate managerial and administrative skills backed by leadership qualities
(vi) Minimum (10) years experience in legal practice in a public Institution or a large private organization of which five years should have been in a managerial position.
- Program Accountant – Job Ref: RWB/HR/PA/02/2017 (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to General Manager – Corporate Services and be responsible for:
- Development of Boards’ Program/Projects budgets
• Preparation of the Boards’ Program/Projects Accounts
• Preparation of Boards Program/Projects internal financial controls
• Generation of Boards’ Program/Projects financial reports
• Any other duties assigned from time to time
(i) Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce (Accounts/Finance Option)
(ii) CPA (K).
(iii) Must be a member of ICPAK
(iv) At least ten (10) years experience in relevant field in the Public Service.
- Program Engineer – Job Ref: RWB/HR/PE/03/2017 (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Planning, design and construction
• Development of water and sanitation infrastructure
• Preparation of project specification and contract documents
• Costing of design and construction of projects
• Project monitoring and evaluation
• General administration of projects
• Supervision of technical staff.
(i) Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering
(ii) Applicants with Masters Degree in Projects Management will have an added advantage.
(iii) Must be a registered Graduate Engineer
(iv) At least Seven (7) years working experience in relevant field
- Internal Audit Manager – Job Ref: RWB/HR/IAM/04/2016 (1 Post)
The Internal Audit Manager heads the Internal Audit Unit of the Board and answerable to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Development and implementation of Audit System.
• Ensure compliance with Policies and Procedures
• Ensure availability and safe guarding of Board’s Assets
• Ensure adequacy of Accounting, Financial and other operating Manuals.
• Ensure adequacy and reliability of Financial Reports and other accounting and expenditure data.
• Carry out Routine and System Audit
• Maintain checks and balance in the Board’s transactions
(i) A Bachelors Degree in Commerce ( Accounting/Audit Option)
(ii) CPA (K)
(iii) A Masters degree in Business Administration ( Accounting/Finance) option will be an added advantage
(iv) Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in a busy office preferably public sector
(v) Demonstrate good knowledge of planning and organization skills
(vi) Must be a person of high Integrity
- Environmental Engineer – Job Ref: RWB/HR/EE/05/2016 (1 Post)
The environmentalist will be responsible for all environmental matters in the Board area of jurisdiction and will report to the General Manager- Technical Services.
• Carrying out site assessments, conducting technical audits and evaluating the environmental impact of an organisation’s Technical operations
• Making recommendations on essential clean-up, reclamation and waste management activities that needs to be undertaken to solve the current problem and prevent similar issues recurring in the future.
• Assessment of how a site complies with environmental regulations, and using mathematical techniques and computer modelling to assess or forecast past, present and future environmental problems.
• Design, development, testing and implementing of technical solutions which will assist the Board actively reduce their negative impact on the environment.
(i) A Bachelors of Science Degree in Environmental Engineering or its equivalent
(ii) A Masters degree in a related field will be an added advantage
(iii) Registered Lead Expert on Environmental Impact Assessment with NEMA
(iv) Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in a busy office preferably public sector
(v) Demonstrate administrative and managerial capability in work performance and must be result oriented.
(vi) Must be a person of high integrity
Rift Valley Water Services Board is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity. Without sacrificing merit people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
If you possess the attributes for any of the above positions, please submit your application including the post you are applying for, your CV, Remuneration Expectations, Certificate of Good Conduct, Tax Compliant Certificate, HELB Clearance Certificate and day and evening telephone numbers to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rift Valley Water Services Board,
P. O. Box 2451,
To reach him not later than 13th February, 2017
Please clearly mark the job Ref. on the envelope.