Vacancy: Risk and Compliance Manager, Africa
WWF Regional Office for Africa (ROA) is seeking to recruit a highly qualified and competent Risk and Compliance Manager, Africa to spearhead the attainment of the above objectives.
WWF ROA has offices in Cameroun, CAR, DRC, Gabon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mozambique, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The role reports to the Director, Finance & Operations – AfricaThe Risk and Compliance Manager will assess the level of risks within Africa and ensure required actions are identified and implemented to mitigate those.
To ensure through regular audits that country offices have effective internal control systems and comply with WWF policies and procedures as well as donor and country regulations.
To coordinate actions in response to fraud cases in Africa in close collaboration with WWF-International.Location: This role will be based in any of the above ROA offices with travel to other ROA offices.
- In coordination with WWF-International, the Global Internal Auditors and with the Compliance Offices/Financial Controllers, leads the development of a region wide self-audit plan and its implementation to ensure regular and adequate audits are performed in all country offices and particular attention is given to high risk offices/locations and programmes;
- Ensures WWF Fraud & Corruption policy and other related procedures are enforced and well known by staff and other stakeholders in Africa;
- Coordinates and builds the capacity of Internal Auditors/Financial Controllers on internal controls, audit skills and fraud detection;
- Builds capacity of Senior Managers and other staff in terms of risk management and internal controls;
- In close collaboration with WWF-I, coordinates responses to fraud allegations in the Africa region, maintains a fraud register and shares lessons learnt;
- Works with Director Finance6 and Operations to establish regular and ad-hoc updates to WWF Audit Committee;
- Develops an Africa-wide risk assessment and mapping, leads the implementation of a mitigation action plan.
- Identifies ways of improving cost-efficiency and streamlining processes and advises Management at both country and Africa levels;
- An Advanced degree in Finance, Audit, or Management; CIA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA qualifications or equivalent;
- At least 10 years’ experience as Financial Controller, Auditor or Finance Manager in a reputable organization; Risk Management experience would be desirable
- Demonstrated skills in developing, managing, and implementing Audit Plans in large and complex organizations;
Required Skills and Competencies
- High level of technical auditing skills, knowledge of relevant international standards governing internal audit practice;
- Excellent advisory skills with high work standards and ability to promote team synergy in a multi-cultural work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, discretion and impartiality); Strong team-player with ability to work in virtual teams;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals within a broad range of cultural environment, especially in the African context;
CLICK HERE for a detailed job description
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a cover letter and CV to Manager, People & Organisation Development clearly indicating the position applied for on the subject line to: [email protected]a.orgDeadline for applications: 15th August 2015 Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.WWF is an equal opportunity Employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.