Job Title: Risk and Compliance Officer
Salary: 60K – 80K
Our client, a unique microfinance institution offering micro credit solutions, to positively transform the lives of their customers and other stakeholders seeks to hire a competent individual to fill the role of a Risk and Compliance Officer.
Candidates working in the same position are encouraged to apply.
- Identify, assess and monitor risk on an ongoing firm-wide and individual entity basis and support in the implementation of internal controls which are effective in design and operation.
- Undertake quality control reviews for the business units to ensure consistent implementation of policy and processes across all business units and identify any gaps, challenges and improvement measures.
- Provide consolidated reporting, inclusive of an overall risk profile, identifying major risks and reporting to the Board Risk Management Committee on risk hotspots, measures and recommendations.
- Monitor adherence to compliance, AML and KYC standards
- Assist in the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessments. These include snap checks and other management monitoring checks / toolkits.
- Developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- Conduct compliance and risk assessment of key business areas as well as for new products / business changes to ensure risk and control adequacy, evaluation, process and adequate business risk profile.
- Undertake training to staff on inherent risks and controls in the processes within their control.
- Management Executive Committees reports evaluation and monitor against business strategy and regulatory requirements
- Identifying current and emerging risks and developing risk assessment and measurement systems
- Establishing policies, practices and other control mechanisms to manage risks
- Developing risk tolerance limits for Management and board approval
- Reporting results of risk monitoring to Management and the board.
- Periodic review and update of the risk and compliance policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications Desired
- Bachelors degree with relevant experience in Risk and Compliance
- Experience working in a banking institution with particular emphasis in risk and compliance as well as CBK reporting
- Detailed understanding of Banking processes, Risk, Regulatory & Compliance policies and requirements
- Result oriented individual taking the lead in operational process reengineering, providing direction on new product & business initiatives, project governance, process reviews and risk assessments
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills, including well developed presentation skills
- In depth knowledge and experience of the practical application of risk MI systems and methodologies, including experience of risk and control assessment and risk reporting.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Risk and Compliance Officer) to [email protected] before Friday 4th September, 2015
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.