We have a vacancy for the position of Risk & Audit Manager reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Applications are hereby required from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position.
The position will be based in Nairobi.
Key Responsibilities will be to;
• Accountable for the development and coordination of the internal auditing activities.
• Develop and implement internal auditing and risk management policies, procedures, and program.
• Developing internal audit and risk management processes and review of accounting procedures.
• Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
• Supervise or conduct independent audits of records and activities, and prepare varied analyses of the departments, affiliate agencies and branch for management.
• Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the internal controls over financial reporting.
• Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors.
• Recommend corrective action and suggest improvement.
• Advise top management on audit, and internal control matters.
• Carry out special audits and/or investigations and other special assignments as may be required by management from time to time as well as providing ad-hoc advice on control issues
• Ensuring compliance of all relevant laws;
• Conducting staff training on risk management audit processes;
• Developing annual audit plan;
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate should possess the following minimum skills and competencies;
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, finance or business administration
• Professional qualifications – CPA(K) or ACCA
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 10+ years audit experience in internal and/or external audit
• Experience with risk and internal control assessment and remediation of control deficiencies
• Flexibility and background in financial accounting and operational audit and compliance within East Africa region.
• Experience with data analysis utilizing audit software and/or MS Excel
• Good communication and interpersonal skills required with ability and experience in influencing and collaborating with other managers
• Ability to coach and supervise staff and others and to plan and manage responsibilities independently and in a team environment
• Ability to prepare and facilitate presentations related to audit and assurance activities and internal controls education
• Must be computer literate, a team player, with good communication, analytical and problem solving.
• Proven ability to self-start and effectively manage their own workload to deliver on multiple assignments.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates to forward their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th Oct 2015