Job Title: Internal Audit Executive
Organisation: Roofings Group
Duty Station: Uganda
Roofings Group is situated about 6km outside Kampala city centre on Plot 126 Entebbe Road, Lubowa. Occupying a 39 acre expanse of land, we are the leading producer of quality steel products in Uganda, with far reaching influence across the East African region. Roofings Limited was the first of all three Roofings Group subsidiary companies to be established. Products manufactured at Roofings include; galvanized and pre painted roofing sheets, Eco tiles, Hollow sections, mild steel plates and open profiles all widely used building for domestic, commercial, public and industrial purposes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Keenly analyze and evaluate the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures.
• In charge of preparing or contribute to the preparation of work plan (including risk assessment) and audit programs for assurance.
• Assess the reliability and effective use of internal controls and assist in reviewing administrative procedures.
• For the processes audited, review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness – where appropriate draft potential recommendations for improvement.
• Responsible for preparing audit paperwork in accordance with standards and requirement.
• Responsible for the verification of sales Revenue both local and Export to ensure that rates charged are as per the approved price list.
• Responsible for daily monitoring of cash books both USD & UGX to ensure that the corresponding banking is reflected in company books at the right amounts banked.
• Regularly review of various supplier invoices before payments and ensuring that after posting all the VAT relating to purchases is booked in the claim A/c.
• Report weakness of software and hardware systems of the company through studies.
• Routinely check and inspect the accuracy of accounts receivable and payable ledgers.
• Verifying Returned stocks in line of quantity, quality and ensuring that return in wards are raised for credit note.
• Evaluating the accuracy of the Weighbridge through the daily tonnage analysis.
• Carrying out monthly reconciliation of online stock transfers and confirming stock adjustments.
• Handling excess, less and wrong production issues and their disposal.
• Review and reconciliation of time and attendance records with payroll
• Responsible for the verification of refund requests and credit notes before and after posting
• Support the senior internal audit executives while carrying out the post audits of various departments.
• Build and strengthen working relationships with company staff and clients.
• Ready to take on any other tasks assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should preferably hold a good Bachelor’s degree in B.B.A/B.COM – accounting, finance or economics major
• Stage II – ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CIA or other internationally recognized professional accounting qualification would be advantageous
• At least two to three years of relevant experience in reputable company
• Detailed knowledge of accounting software, MS Excel
• Working knowledge of ERP would be advantageous
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the internal audit policies, procedures and applying them appropriately in practice
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied by relevant academic testimonials, curriculum vitae, with names and contact details of three (3) referees can be forwarded online to [email protected] or hand delivered to the address below:
Human Resources manager
Plot 126 Lubowa Estate Entebbe,
P.O. Box 7169 Kampala, Uganda