Room Steward Jobs at CORAT Africa
CORAT Africa is a Pan African Christian Organization based in Nairobi. It is involved in provision of Leadership Development, Management Training, Consultancy and Research services to Churches and Church related organizations in Africa.
It has a Management and Development Centre in Karen offering Accommodation and Conference facilities. We seek to recruit highly motivated staff for the following positions for this Centre
The Room Steward main function is to clean guest rooms, corridors, floor, public areas and pantries according to standards of CMDC
Room Steward Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean all assigned guestrooms including: dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, and retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish rooms with supplies
- Whilst cleaning the room, verify that all is in proper condition and order of functioning and reports to Supervisor any items that need repair
- Clean corridors and floor public areas around guest rooms assigned. Also maintain cleanliness of equipment and pantries
- Keep informed of CMDC product and service knowledge in order to answer guest questions
- Answer all guest questions/requests in a friendly and caring manner, take appropriate actions or if needed, refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be providing information, giving an extra item such as a towel, etc.
- Verify the physical status of room and updates Housekeeper of any discrepancies found
- Return and properly tag all lost and found articles in the Housekeeping Office
- Provide the turn down service to assigned guest rooms. It involves, but not limited to, turning down the bed, replenishing guest room and bath supplies and cleaning the bathroom if necessary. Help control guest and cleaning supplies to save costs
- Clean assigned guest rooms, the late check out and late service required by guests. It involves, but not limited to, making the bed, dusting the room and furniture, replenishing guest room and bath supplies, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming the carpet
- Follow departmental policies and procedures and service standards
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Any other duties that may be delegated by the management through the Housekeeper or his/her designate
This job description shall be reviewed/ amended any time at the discretion of the management.
Qualifications and Skills for the Room Steward Job
- Certificate in Housekeeping and Laundry techniques from a recognized hospitality college
- Over 2 years’ experience in a 3 star property with similar capacity preferable
- Ability to use Housekeeping equipment and machines
- Concern for quality and attention to details
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should apply enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates and a detailed C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of two professional referees and one from your Pastor / Priest.
- Please indicate your current and expected salary and also your current employer to the address here below not later than 22nd December 2016. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Managing Director CORAT Africa P.O. Box 42493 – 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
- Email: [email protected]