Head Of Radio Careers At Royal Media In Kenya
Head Of Radio –Re-Advertised
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit qualified Manager in the position of Head of Radio-Hot 96. The person will be in charge of the station and ensure the station achieves and maintains the agreed positioning and delivers its mandate to inform, entertain and educate the intended target group.
Head Of Radio Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Incharge of the day to day running of the station. The person selected must thoroughly understand the community, audience and the target market.
- Focus and deliver on the agreed positioning for the Station.
- Develop and direct the station’s on air sound by holding regular meetings to evaluate the station’s daily performance. They will also plan ahead and come up with the next day’s talent plans, benchmarks and daily actualization of the necessary ideas.
- Assignment of station responsibilities and delegating all the necessary duties
- Consolidate and deliver appropriate reports to senior management and provide guidance for program optimization.
- In line with their work, commission, read, analyse and interpret research on habits, preferences and trends in their specialized area and come up with clear implementation strategies in line with the findings
- Liaise with sales department and make decisions in tandem with the sales team on new promotional opportunities as well as attend client meetings
- Hold production and promotion meetings and brainstorm with all the relevant people and plan ahead
- Exhibit solid business acumen with an ability to grow the brand and enhance its competitive edge
- Manage customers’ expectations, manage and lead in customer nurturing programs and establish clear feedback mechanisms so that customer needs are addressed effectively.
- Be aware of the need and actualize broad based corporate social responsibility and enhance the station image in the community
- Organize engineering meetings and report the week’s technical discrepancies to technical, identify the major repairs that need to be done and address all issues of technical nature
- Good people manager with a knack for talent development and retention
Qualifications For Head Of Radio Jobs In Kenya
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree preferably in the arts
- Have mass communication training at an appropriate level
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Swahili
- Demonstrated ability to write and present creative scripts and promotional concepts
- Between 25 and 35 years old, energetic and passionate about their work
- A good people manager and leader (able to get the best out of diverse talent)
- Able to work at odd hours and remote locations
- An ear for music
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your application and CV to [email protected] . Quote HOT96-03-16 as the subject of your email. Those who applied earlier need not re-apply. Address to: THE HR DIRECTOR ROYAL MEDIA SERVICES PO BOX 7468-00300 NAIROBI Closing date will be Friday 11th March, 2016. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.