Temporary Case Processing Supervisor Job at RSC Africa
Job Type:Non-Exempt National
Salary: Kes 94,519
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases.
CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Roles for the Processing Supervisor Job
- Oversees and manages the daily workload of Case Processing Assistants, ensuring daily minimum requirements are tracked and met.
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to Case Processing Assistants in the unit; including monitoring professional development, participating in hiring, evaluation, and annual leave coordination.
- Works closely with the Case Processing Manager and staff from the Data Integrity Unit to ensure all work meets RSC quality standards and adheres to USRAP processing guidelines
- Liaises with the operations management to ensure cases are moving efficiently through the pipeline.
- Reports internally and externally on output and case statistics, as required.
- Ensures staff compliance with RSC Africa policies and procedures in their day to day work.
- Develops, implements, and updates policies and procedural manuals in conjunction with the Case Processing Management.
- Carries out probationary and regular performance reviews with staff, submitting an annual evaluation of performance of each staff to management.
Processing Supervisor Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five (5) years of work experience is required. One (1) year of related experience required. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook) and WRAPS.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of US Refugee Admissions Program overseas processing, data bases and resettlement program.
Processing Supervisor RSC Africa Jobs Abilities
- take initiative in formulating training plans;
- supervise staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
- travel as needed in Kenya and the region on short notice and sometimes in difficult conditions to meet the demands of a dynamic operational program;
- exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply online through http://rscafrica.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2d9enf8mwyp