Temporary Cultural Orientation Trainer Job at RSC Africa
Job Type: Non-Exempt National
Salary: KES 65,638
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases.
CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Roles for the Temporary Cultural Orientation Trainer Job
- Maintains a current knowledge of the US and US Refugee Admissions Program;
- Prepares for cultural orientation circuit rides by reviewing information about participants to be trained, developing lesson plans specific to those participants, gathering and packing necessary training materials, hiring interpreters and child minders, and printing class lists and name tags in coordination with CO Senior Trainer and other circuit ride team members;
- Conducts cultural orientation in urban and camp locations throughout southern Africa;
Writes trip reports upon return from CO circuit rides in collaboration with other circuit ride team members for submission to the CO Manager;
- Assists with the logistical planning, represents CWS/RSC Africa to partners in the field, ensures that standard operating procedures are being followed, consults with CWS RSC Africa regarding matters of concern;
- Updates Worldwide Refugee Admissions System (WRAPS) to reflect participation in CO;
- Actively participates in circuit ride briefings and debriefings;
- Works on projects related to CO curriculum development, training materials development and other aspects of the CO division as assigned;
- Performs other duties which may be assigned by the CO Manager and or the Associate Director of Education
- Programs to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of the CO program.
Temporary Cultural Orientation Trainer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required or four (4) years of directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior work experience with CWS Africa.
- Six (6) months experience in education or training preferred.
- Two (2) year’s work experience in any or a combination of the following is preferred: Training; Field work carrying out program activities; Liaising with agency partners and/or vendors; Logistical experience organizing field missions.
- Relevant experience in the USRAP strongly preferred.
- Experience in working with refugees preferred.
Temporary Cultural Orientation Trainer Job RSC Africa Jobs Abilities
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- Travel frequently in Sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and often under difficult conditions;
- Follow instructions from the CO Management with a positive and receptive attitude;
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program in Africa.
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply online through http://rscafrica.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2d9enfnqoje