Temporary Interpreter Support Assistant Job at RSC Africa
Job Type:Non-Exempt National
Salary: KES 65,638
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases.
CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Roles for the Interpreter Support Assistant Job
- Updates and maintains the RSC Africa Interpreter database.
- Develops resources for use by Interpreters and RSC staff to further improve the efficient and effective use of Interpreters.
- Conducts training, testing, support and supervision of the Interpreters, both in the field and in Nairobi on a regular basis.
- Participates in Prescreening, USCIS, and Cultural Orientation Circuit Ride (CR) briefing and debriefing to provide expertise on Interpreters.
- Provides in-house training to RSC staff on how to effectively working with Interpreters. Submits monthly reports on the status of activities.
- Interprets into/from English in/from at least one of the following languages: Amharic, Congolese Swahili, French, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Oromo, or Somali.
- Translate materials as required/ requested.
- Coordinate with Date Integrity to develop reports related to Interpreters.
- Work closely with Program Integrity Specialist to ensure RSC Program Integrity Guidelines on Interpreters (both required and recommended) are implemented, adhered to, and reported appropriately.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the United States Refugee Admissions Program.
- Travels periodically to field locations throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of the operation
Interpreter Support Assistant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree
- 1.5 years experience as an Interpreter or as a Coordinator of Interpreters preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver quality training programs.
- Demonstrated computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet.
Interpreter Support Assistant RSC Africa Jobs Abilities
- maintain the integrity of official records;
- travel throughout Sub Saharan Africa as required;
- analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply online through http://rscafrica.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2d9enfskuzj