Temporary Cultural Orientation Program Assistant Job at RSC Africa
Job Type:Non-Exempt National
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties for the Cultural Orientation Program Assistant Job
- Produces training materials under the direction of the CO Manager.
- Liaises with translators to ensure quality translation of training materials and other documents. Produces translated materials as needed.
- Conducts bi-annual audits of trainer material sets to ensure materials in use comply with approved curriculum guidelines. Acquires or develops missing materials as needed for trainers.
- Liaises with the Administration Department for the purchase or repair of needed CO materials and supplies including printing of materials.
- Assists with the scheduling and updating of eligible individuals in WRAPS for cultural orientation training in collaboration with the CO Field Team staff when needed.
- Assists with the updates to the Interpreter and Child Minding Management Systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the effective and efficient administration of the RSC Africa Cultural Orientation Division.
Cultural Orientation Program Assistant Job Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years’ experience.
- 1 year experience as an administrator assistant OR as a trainer producing materials for training purposes is required
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, SQL, MS Publisher, CS Adobe and Power Point are required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create storyboards, illustrations, cartoons, prefered.
Abilities for the RSC Africa Jobs
The CO Program Assistant must have the ability to:
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program in Africa.
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply online through http://rscafrica.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2d9enfzhys7