Temporary Senior Case Processing Assistant Job at RSC Africa
Job Type:Non-Exempt National
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases.
CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Roles for the Senior Case Processing Assistant Job
- Completes all tasks related to refugee case processing as assigned by the unit Supervisor, ensuring adherence to RSC Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develops proficiency in WRAPS application and maintains complete and accurate records in WRAPS and physical file of all actions taken on a case.
- Develops and runs reports on cases, pipeline and team workload to share with Operations Management.
- Conducts all stages of office-based refugee case processing including case creation, security checks, admin, scheduling, medicals, assurances, travel processing, and responding to inquiries.
- Acts as a primary back-up to Supervisor, including taking responsibility for planning, managing workload, and planning leave in absence of the supervisor.
- Provides oversight to RSC Africa Case Processing Assistants when assigned to special projects, including planning how to tackle the project, identifying reporting parameters and completing quality checks on the work done during the project.
- Conducts regular quality checks of the Case Processing Assistants’ work to ensure that cases are consistently and correctly updated, both electronically and in the physical file.
- Assists in the development of Case Processing onboarding and training procedures and modules as well as assisting in their implementation as required.
- Writes deferrals, and correctly updates responses in WRAPS and the physical file. Responds to case status inquiries from Refugees, Partners, Attorneys, Resettlement Agencies and Congress either electronically or via physical letter, with strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM Guidelines for the Treatment of Refugee Records.
- Handles unscheduled visits by refugee applicants at the RSC Africa gate.
- Handles assigned processing duties such as Humanitarian Parole requests, RFRs (Request for Reviews) including updating WRAPS appropriately with the submission request and decision from USCIS.
- Process password requests from MyCase Website password and provide them to applicants in a timely manner.
- Assist with case management through a holistic view of USRAP cases and follow up with relevant RSC Africa processing teams to effect changes to the case as needed. Use reports to monitor specialized caseloads (e.g. minors, expedites, family reunification, longstayers, among others).
Senior Case Processing Assistant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Five years working experience in a related field is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Abilities for the Processing Assistant RSC Africa Jobs
- accurately type 5100 ksph with a 95% accuracy rating
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply online through http://rscafrica.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2d9enfu0yys