Temporary WRAPS Trainer Job at RSC Africa
Job Type:Non-Exempt National
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
CWS Global and CWS RSC Africa offer a total compensation package. The total compensation package includes life insurance, comprehensive health insurance, dental coverage, vision coverage, CWS RSC Africa offers 10% retirement contribution with a 5% employee match, 22 vacation days a year, 30 sick days per year at full pay and 15 days sick a year at half pay, compassionate leave, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Roles for the Temporary WRAPS Trainer Job
- Develops ways to quality control check cases in the pipeline at any stage.
- Ensures DI reports are aligned with current SOPs and develops new reports to ensure full efficiency and quality in processing is being met.
- Works closely with the DI, Operations, and CO staff to identify training needs.
- Supports the update of RSC SOPs and the development of training manuals.
- Develops tracking tools for delivered trainings and indicators for measuring the level of training success.
- Maintains a comprehensive and current understanding of all WRAPS-related functionality.
- Ability to conduct trainings to staff on any area of processing and WRAPS SOPs.
- Maintains a current understanding of the US Refugee Admissions Program guidelines.
- Conducts inter-departmental process reviews and trainings with other operations staff.
- Updates WRAPS Trainer, RPC, PRM and Operational SOP folders on the PPP.
- Develops TPP’s and other reference documents for RSC Africa operations.
- Work closely with RSC Africa Operations management to ensure processing guidelines are being met and understood by staff.
- Facilitates WRAPS review tests for 90 day evaluations as well as other staff job knowledge assessments.
- Assists in coordinating new hire orientation sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Temporary WRAPS Trainer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required.
- Certificate in course development, training development, instructional design, or an applicable training is preferred.
- Five years of USRAP work experience is required.
- Three years training, report management and SOP writing experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and innovative training skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS) database.
Abilities for WRAPS Trainer RSC Africa Jobs
- take initiative in formulating training plans;
- travel occasionally, sometimes at short notice;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities
- analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP);
- be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications apply online through http://rscafrica.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2d9enfn59fs