RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multi disciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI’s International Education Division is supporting education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice in order to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning.
The Tusome Early Grade Reading Activity is focused on classroom support, teacher training and improved access to learning materials to improve the quality of early literacy instruction in formal and Alternative Provision of Basic Education and Training (APBET) schools through a national literacy intervention.
1 Position – Lamu
The will provide support to Tusome technical activities such as materials development, organization of technical workshops and training of TAC Tutors, head-teachers, teachers and data collectors.
S/he will work with RTI technical staff to help implement instructional approaches to be used in Tusome Project.
S/he will provide support for Curriculum Support Officers (CSO’s) working to implement revised lesson guides as well as assist with activities related to conducting research studies.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts with a Post Graduate Diploma in Education or a related field with at least five (5) years of experience working in Education sector;
- Experience with data collection and research studies, teacher training and Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MoEST) support, especially related to literacy programs. Experience supervising and training data collectors;
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and English instruction in Kenya and Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Candidates from the following counties; Kwale, Lamu and Mombasa are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 3rd June, 2016 at 5.00pm.
- Applicants must include the, POSITION & LOCATION in the subject line of the email.
- Candidates who had applied previously need not apply for this position.
- Please do not attach copies of certificates.
- We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V