Vacant Position: Health Informatician
Researach Computing Division (RCD)RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for Development Program in the RCD has an opening for a Health Informatician to support and lead projects and proposals for strengthening disease surveillance and health information systems.
This position will be located in RTI’s Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya and most international work is expected to be carried out in Africa.
The successful candidate will be part of a geographically distributed multidisciplinary team responsible for managing international development projects, providing international health informatics technical assistance in health information systems, and public health informatics.
Duties will include
managing projects by overseeing the quality, responsiveness, and timeliness of projects according to RTI, US Government, and other donor standards;
working with project teams in the US, Africa and Asia to develop innovative methodologies and technologies to improve evidence based decision making in the health sector;
helping to identify, develop, and obtain funding for new project opportunities; and
sharing innovations and project results through publications and presentations.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics, Public Health, Science or a closely related field plus (10) years of professional experience in a comprehensive health program with health informatics responsibilities
- OR a Master’s degree with a focus in Public Health, Public Health Informatics, Health Care Informatics or a closely related field plus six (6) years of experience in informatics including experience in conducting and/or supporting health information systems projects
- OR Doctoral-level degree such as PhD of Informatics, Doctor of Public Health (Dr.PH.), Doctor of Health Science (D.H.Sc.), Ph.D. Management Information Systems and Technology, Ph.D Computer Science or closely related field with one (1) year of experience doing senior-level public health informatics or health information systems work.
- Travel to countries in Africa and Asia up to 35% time will be required.
- Experience working with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), US Agency for International Development (USAID), World Health Organization, or other US Government agencies and development organizations is preferred.
- Experience living and working in West and/or East Africa is desired.
- Oral and written communication skills in French required.
- This position does not attract international allowances.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] or log on to www.rti.org/job16312 by 14th August, 2015.
Applicants must include the, POSITION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V