RTI International is an independent non-profit research institute and leading development organization headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. Since 1958, RTI has worked in over 150 countries and designed and implemented cutting-edge solutions in the sectors of economic growth, governance, education, and health.
RTI International is currently accepting applications for a Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) for an anticipated USAID-funded Regional Intergovernmental Organizational (RIGO) Strengthening System project. The goal of the project is to strengthen the capacity of key RIGOs in East Africa so that they can improve their leadership and better fulfill their mandates to lead the development agenda within the region.
The FAM will oversee all finance, human resources, IT, procurement, logistics and administrative aspects of the project. She/he will ensure that project resources are budgeted, disbursed, monitored and reported according to USAID and RTI guidelines. She/he will also ensure that the project operates efficiently, using resources effectively and within the budget of the project.
Finance & Administration Manager Job Responsibilities
- Oversee all payments issued under the project (including those made to vendors, grantees, consultants, subcontractors, and staff) and ensure that they are issued in compliance with RTI and USAID financial accounting policies and procedures and that they are in line with the project budget.
- Ensure proper segregation of duties on all authorized financial transactions.
- Record all financial transactions in QuickBooks and ensures accurate bookkeeping with proper supporting documentation.
- Manage payroll administration, including appropriate deductions as required under relevant labor laws and RTI policies.
- Manage the monthly financial close each month, according to RTI protocols.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of monthly financial statements, including expenses, receivables, and reconciliations of bank accounts.
- Take a lead in preparing the annual project budget that aligns with project workplan activities.
- Routinely monitor and follow up on any outstanding advances and ensures that they are appropriately liquidated within a timely manner.
- Regularly monitors the project budget, informing the Chief of Party and other staff on the project burn rate and advising her/him on any necessary adjustments.
- Routinely prepare financial projections (including accrued and projected costs) with the project team in order to ensure that project expenses are in line with the budget and provide accurate forecasts.
- Manage project cash flow and prepares bi-weekly requests for cash from the RTI home office that details projected costs for the period, minimizing excess funds in the project bank account each month.
- Play a HR function on the project, including communicating and administering RTI HR policies,
- Oversee the HR paperwork for project staff and liaises with the appropriate RTI HR business partner to ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor the balances of staff vacation, or personal time off (PTO).
- Oversee administration of compensation and benefits to staff according to RTI procedures.
- Manage the overall administration of the office and ensures that office supplies are in stock and oversees use of the project vehicle.
- Manage the project assets and maintains control over project property through a log that indicates the property, value of property, condition and location.
- Potentially manage administrative staff supporting the project.
Qualifications for the Finance & Administration Manager Job
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field.
- At least 9 years of experience in managing the finances and administration of a donor-funded programs, preferably on a USAID-funded program, including knowledge of accounting, bookkeeping, and monitoring and managing budgets
- Deep knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience and familiarity with QuickBooks, or a similar accounting program is highly desired.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills so that non-finance staff understand the budget and expenditures and can link the implementation of their technical work to finance and ensure that the project remains within the budget.
- Strong team-player skills and the ability to ensure that policies are carried out across multiple countries.
How to Apply