RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI anticipates staffing the following expertise in long term job positions for donor funded TUSOME Early Grade Reading and TAYARI Early Childhood Development and Education Project.
TUSOME is focused on curriculum support, teacher training and teaching material development to improve the quality of early grade instruction in formal and non-formal schools through a reading intervention.
TAYARI is focused on pre-literacy and pre-numeracy skills development for school readiness.
The positions will be based in the counties of Nairobi.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
The M&E Officer will work closely with the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and is responsible for supporting M&E activities for the Nairobi region, supporting several counties.
S/he will manage the monitoring data and share it with external internal experts to improve TAYARI Project’s use of data for decision-making.
S/he will submit high quality and clean data for aggregation to national level, and be able to quickly generate high quality periodic reports on TAYARI progress.
The M&E Officer will also oversee particular research studies and supervise M&E Assistants in the organization.
The officer will support a small team of M&E Assistants, and play a proactive role to ensure that TAYARI Project’s data is of high quality, that reports are done well and on time, and that decision-makers have data for decision-making.
S/he will provide direct assistance to build clients’ capabilities in M&E and act as a trainer of other technical assistance providers as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Statistics, Demography, population studies or a related field in Social Sciences with at least (8) eight years of experience in monitoring & evaluation.
- Experience in M&E capacity building for individuals and organizations required.
- Previous M&E experience on a donor funded program desired.
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators; designing and conducting small-scale research studies; report writing and working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics required.
- Stata or SPSS skills preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
The Administrative Assistant ensures that administrative systems in the Nairobi office are conducted according to; all RTI policies, client regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practice.
In addition, the person provides reception, secretarial, administrative and logistics support management to the Nairobi staff.
The person will facilitate effective communication between the Nairobi Office and its key clients and partners.
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience and a Higher Diploma in Administration or Secretarial studies;
- Additional qualification in office management, business management or accounting preferred.
- Experience in logistics management, organizing workshops and training courses, preparing, monitoring budgets and petty cash management in an international organization preferred.
- Experience within the Not for Profit sector and familiarity with donor reporting requirements is preferred.
The driver will drive project and office staff members, consultants and other visitors on project and office business.
The driver will ensure that the vehicles have all required registrations, licensing and inspections.
In addition the driver will ensure that necessary documentation is retained with the vehicle and the vehicle has sufficient amount of gas at all times.
The person will maintain the vehicles’ cleanliness and its security and maintain a record of trips including kilometers traveled, fuel consumed and dates of oil changes, all according to established reporting framework.
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum 5 years relevant experience with valid Kenya driver’s license;
- proof of good driving record;
- Familiarity with rural terrain preferred.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili language required
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 18th September, 2015 by 2.00 p.m.
Applicants must include the, POSITION and REGION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V