RTI International is an independent nonprofit research institute and leading development organization headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. Since 1958, RTI has worked in over 150 countries and designed and implemented cutting-edge solutions in the sectors of economic growth, governance, education, and health.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to establishing standards for scientific rigor and quality of all research, data collection, analysis and report writing undertaken as part of the project.
- Lead the study and analytical work in Kenya in partnership with the PI, RTI experts, and Kenyan institutions, and contribute to the design of overall project activities, methodologies and deliverables.
- Coordinate research and work products with the PI as well as co-PIs located in Tanzania and Rwanda.
- Ensure the analysis, reports and recommendations that result from the Kenya research products are technically sound, clear and practical.
- As applicable, prepare briefs for both policy and academic audiences in Kenya.
Program Leadership, Management and Coordination
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with partners and stakeholders in Kenya in partnership with the PI.
- Develop a project workplan for Kenya that will be combined with workplans for Tanzania and Rwanda, draft and finalize reports/deliverables with input from the other co-PIs and the PI, and contribute to financial reporting documentation as needed.
- Meet regularly in person and electronically with the PI and other co-PIs to discuss activity implementation and progress.
- Undertake site visits within Kenya, and, if required, to the other target countries.
- Establish/strengthen relationships with government counterparts, research institutions, academic partners and other stakeholders in Kenya.
Requirements for the Project Manager Job
- Master’s level degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Research Methodology, or related field;
- Candidates must have at least eight years of progressive experience in the design and oversight of complex research studies related to knowledge management, political economy analysis and related fields.
- Existing relationship with an academic institution, think tank or research institute in Kenya.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the broad array of institutions and actors involved in the knowledge sector in Kenya.
- Demonstrated success managing against programmatic deliverables.
How to Apply