RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park. RTI anticipates staffing the following expertise in long term job positions for donor funded Projects TUSOME & TAYARI.
TUSOME Project is focused on curriculum support, teacher training and teaching material development to improve the quality of early grade instruction in formal and non-formal schools through a reading intervention.
TAYARI Project aims to improve learner’s preparedness for primary school through improving emergent literacy, emergent numeracy, psychosocial and health skills.
The Procurement Officer is to provide support to TUSOME & TAYARI Projects procurement needs including but not limited to the processes of Procurement and timely delivery (Local and International – as needed).
The Procurement Officer will provide coordination of the entire procurement component for the Tusome and Tayari projects in Kenya by ensuring compliance with donor regulations, RTI logistical and procurement SOPs in Kenya, as well as its remote field offices.
The Procurement Officer will closely liaise with the Regional Procurement Manager to ensure that all procurement activities adhere to RTI standards and global best practice.
S/he will ensures that Procurement systems in RTI are conducted according to; all RTI policies, client regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practice.
In addition, s/he will perform all phases of sourcing activity to ensure best value and within required lead times for a variety of requirements in Kenya, including analysis of overall budgetary impact for all types of procurement transactions prior to initiating such activities.
Under the guidance of the Operations Specialist, as well as the Africa Regional Procurement Team, s/he will lead the procurement process for items including but not limited to large-scale book printing, nation-wide book distribution, and all logistics for workshops and trainings.
The Procurement Officer will work with Regional Procurement Teams and direct project teams in vendor prequalification exercise, and support regular updates as needed.
S/he will take the lead in the preparation and implementation of the annual procurement plan supported with budget and timelines.
The Procurement Officer will contribute to the supply chain management efforts up to and including logistical support from the ordering point through the follow-up, expediting, and delivery of the required goods and/or services.
S/he will ensure adherence to RTI’s standard procurement operating (SOP) procedures for project-related commodities ordering and distribution.
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or related field with supply chain certification, and five (5) years’ experience in managing complex procurement operations for international organization(s) and/or donor funded agency.
- Membership with a professional procurement body required e.g. Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
- Experience with costing, budget reporting, and tracking of materials.
- S/he must have experience working with donor rules and regulations on procurement.
- The candidate needs to be an individual with a high degree of personal integrity, strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work hands-on, independently, and within a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and willingness to travel frequently to the field offices is an added advantage.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 10th June, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Applicants must include the, POSITION & LOCATION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V