TAYARI Project Vacancy: Administrative Assistant
Location: Siaya County, Kenya
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI anticipates staffing the following expertise in project positions for donor funded TAYARI Project.
TAYARI is a Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and RTI literacy program funded by Children Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF).
The project is focused on improving quality of Early Childhood Development (ECD) systems and instructions.
- It seeks to develop cost-effective, scalable models of Early Childhood Education (ECE) that ensures pre-primary aged children are mentally, physically, socially and emotionally ready to start, and succeed, in primary school.
- Role Profile: The Admin. Assistant ensures that administrative systems in the field office are conducted according to; all RTI policies, client regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practice.
- In addition, the person provides reception, secretarial, administrative and logistics support management to the field staff.
- The person will facilitate effective communication between the Field Office, Project Office in Nairobi and its key clients and partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience and a Higher Diploma in Administration or Secretarial studies;
- Additional qualification in office management, business management or accounting preferred.
- Experience in logistics management, organizing workshops and training courses, preparing, monitoring budgets and petty cash management in an international organization preferred.
- Experience within the Not for Profit sector and familiarity with donor reporting requirements is preferred.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 12th August, 2015 by 5.00 p.m.
Applicants must include the, POSITION and REGION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V