TAYARI Project Vacancy: Driver
1 Position Location: Siaya County, Kenya
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI anticipates staffing the following expertise in project positions for donor funded TAYARI Project.
TAYARI is a Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and RTI literacy program funded by Children Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF).
The project is focused on improving quality of Early Childhood Development (ECD) systems and instructions.
It seeks to develop cost-effective, scalable models of Early Childhood Education (ECE) that ensures pre-primary aged children are mentally, physically, socially and emotionally ready to start, and succeed, in primary school.
Job Profile: The driver will drive project and office staff members, consultants and other visitors on project and office business.
- The driver will ensure that the vehicles have all required registrations, licensing and inspections.
- In addition the driver will ensure that necessary documentation is retained with the vehicle and the vehicle has sufficient amount of gas at all times.
- The person will maintain the vehicles’ cleanliness and its security and maintain a record of trips including kilometers traveled, fuel consumed and dates of oil changes, all according to established reporting framework.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum 5 years relevant experience with valid Kenya driver’s license;
- proof of good driving record;
- Familiarity with rural terrain preferred.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili language required.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 12th August, 2015 by 5.00 p.m.
Applicants must include the, POSITION and REGION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V