TAYARI Project Vacancy: Education Program Specialist
Location: Siaya County, Kenya
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI anticipates staffing the following expertise in project positions for donor funded TAYARI Project.
TAYARI is a Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and RTI literacy program funded by Children Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF).
The project is focused on improving quality of Early Childhood Development (ECD) systems and instructions.
- It seeks to develop cost-effective, scalable models of Early Childhood Education (ECE) that ensures pre-primary aged children are mentally, physically, socially and emotionally ready to start, and succeed, in primary school.
- Role Profile: The Education Program Specialist is responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising Tayari trainings for District Centres for Early Childhood Education (DICECE) officers/coaches, head teachers and teachers in the implementation of pre-literacy, pre-numeracy and executive function skills for pre-primary children.
- The Education Program Specialist reporting to Regional Education Program Officer coordinates all the training activities in the region.
- In close collaboration with the county government, MOEST and TSC county officers, the Education Program Specialist organizes successful capacity building training programs, cluster meetings and classroom observations.
- The officer also provides mentorship and instructional support to DICECEs and instructional coaches.
- Overall the officer provides support for training at the regional level for effective implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in education with 5 years or relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience in developing teacher training curricula and coordinating teacher training activities and inputs.
- Significant experience in education development for literacy at early grade levels necessary, established working relationships with education government counterparts for improved literacy performance.
- Proven ability as a facilitator/trainer and willingness to travel to support training in field sites is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, strong presentation and facilitation.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 12th August, 2015 by 5.00 p.m.
Applicants must include the, POSITION and REGION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V