TAYARI Project Vacancy: IT Assistant
Location: Siaya County, Kenya
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI anticipates staffing the following expertise in project positions for donor funded TAYARI Project.
TAYARI is a Ministry of Education, Science and Technology and RTI literacy program funded by Children Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF).
The project is focused on improving quality of Early Childhood Development (ECD) systems and instructions.
- It seeks to develop cost-effective, scalable models of Early Childhood Education (ECE) that ensures pre-primary aged children are mentally, physically, socially and emotionally ready to start, and succeed, in primary school.
- Role Profile: The IT Assistant will be responsible for first level support and deployment management for all end users in the assigned region across several counties.
- This person will play a key role in RTI strategic education initiatives and must thrive under tight deadlines.
- This role will serve as the focal point of contact in the region and will be responsible for IT related communications.
- He / She ensures that all software and hardware deployments are managed according to RTI policies, USAID regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practices.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A BSc. Computer Science or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of technical support experience or Diploma in Computer Science with a minimum of seven (7) years technical experience.
- He/she will possess a record of successful large scale software and hardware installations with a wide range of hardware including tablets and mobile phones.
- The suitable candidate will demonstrate experience in end to end applications testing, training and remote / end user support.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 12th August, 2015 by 5.00 p.m.
Applicants must include the, POSITION and REGION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V