Locations: Nairobi, Machakos, Nakuru, Mombasa, Eldoret, Nanyuki, Kisumu, Garissa and Isiolo
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
Founded as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina in 1958, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. It has a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people.
RTI’s International Education Division supports education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice in order to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning. RTI anticipates staffing the following job positions for TUSOME, a donor funded Project.
TUSOME Project is a national literacy intervention focused on curriculum support, teacher training and teaching material development to improve the quality of early grade instruction in formal and non-formal schools through a reading intervention.
9 Positions – Nairobi, Machakos, Nakuru, Mombasa, Eldoret, Nanyuki, Kisumu, Garissa and Isiolo
The Education Assistant will provide support to Tusome technical activities that include; materials development, organization of technical workshops and training of Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs), head-teachers and teachers.
S/he will work with the Ministry of Education (MOE) officials and RTI technical staff to help implement instructional approaches to be used in Tusome Project.
S/he will provide support for Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) in teacher support and activities related to research in literacy.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts with a Post Graduate Diploma in Education or a related field with at least five (5) years of experience working in Education sector.
- Experience with data collection and research, teacher training and (MOE) support, especially related to literacy programs.
- Experience supervising and training data collectors;
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and English instruction in Kenya and Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Candidates from the above mentioned counties are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- To apply, email your cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 23rd November, 2016.
- Applicants must include POSITION and REGION in the subject line of the email.
- Please do not attach copies of certificates. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V