TUSOME Project Vacancy: Finance Manager
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI’s International Education Division is supporting education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice in order to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning.
The Tusome Early Grade Reading Activity is focused on classroom support, teacher training and improved access to learning materials to improve the quality of early literacy instruction in formal and Alternative Provision of Basic Education and Training (APBET) schools through a national literacy intervention.
- S/he will be responsible for leading the financial management and reporting system for the program and support the achievement of the program goals in a manner that is consistent with financial management principles.
- S/he will be responsible for maximizing the strategic use of accounting systems and maintain functions such as general accounting, financial tasks, and accounting records.
- This role will supervise the Project Finance Specialists and build their capacity on RTI Finance and Accounting; policies, procedures, processes and systems.
- He / She will ensure there is an effective segregation of duties and strong internal control that safeguard the project assets and consolidate the final preparation of the bi-weekly reports.
- The Finance Manager will ensure effective cash forecast and cash flow management and undertake the final review and consolidation of the project activity costs.
Qualifications and Experience:
MBA or M.Sc. with 6 years of relevant experience or a B.Com in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
Candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in managing teams with the ability to work within a matrix organization. Sector related experience desired.
Previous accounting experience, preferably on a donor funded program required.How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 12th August, 2015 at 5.00pm.
Applicants must include the, POSITION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V