TUSOME Project Vacancy: Finance Specialist
- RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
- With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
- RTI’s International Education Division is supporting education development around the world by strengthening education policy, management and practice in order to achieve measurable improvement in teaching and learning.
- The Tusome Early Grade Reading Activity is focused on classroom support, teacher training and improved access to learning materials to improve the quality of early literacy instruction in formal and Alternative Provision of Basic Education and Training (APBET) schools through a national literacy intervention.
- S/he will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions of the programs in a manner that supports the efficient management of financial transactions and reporting.
- This function will be executed by ensuring proper documentation, accuracy and timely reporting, follow up on advances, support to finance and non-finance personnel and ensure adherence to policies.
- This role will also review the QuickBooks postings and ensure compliance with Internal Control requirements.
- In addition s/he will prepare activity budgets for project activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Com or B.Sc in Commerce, Finance or a related discipline with at least 6 years of relevant sector experience; a Master’s degree is a plus.
- Previous accounting experience, preferably on a donor funded program required.
- Knowledge of institutional accounting and budgeting practice is required.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 12th August, 2015 at 5.00pm.
Applicants must include the, POSITION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V