SACCO Accountant Job in Kenya
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank’s Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Preparation of Society final accounts, Trial Balance, Balance sheets etc;
- Preparation and presentation of annual revenue and capital budgets;
- Preparation of Economic reports;
- Analysing market and competitors trends;
- Developing financial management mechanisms;
- Conducting reviews/evaluations for cost reductions on various vote heads;
- Managing Sacco’s financial accounting and monitoring systems;
- To liaise with internal /External Auditors on audit Controls and act on management letters;
- Producing accurate financial reports;
- Give a cost benefit analysis on external borrowing for Board of Directors approval;
- Management of staff payrolls;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation;
- Ensuring the Society assets and liabilities are recorded correctly and safeguarded;
- Ensuring the necessary cash reserve is maintained as required by law;
- Keeping and managing debtors and creditors records;
- Implementation and review of the Society’s financial accounting policies and procedures;
- Giving guidance in all financial and accounting matters;
- Ensuring adequate budgetary controls are in place;
- Advising and overseeing prudent financial management and investment;
- Submitting implementation work plans and ensure proper reporting systems are in place;
- Approving payments made by the Society;
- Ensuring that accounts and reconciliation are done on a monthly basis and adherence to specific deadlines; and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Are holders of a Business related degree or its equivalent from a recognised university and CPA (K) or ACCA
- Bachelor’s Degree and CPA (K) or its equivalent or CPA (K) and have satisfactorily served as an Accountant in the Society or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in a Sacco or in like organizations for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Have demonstrated high financial management capability and Investment.
- Have good knowledge of Information Technology.
- High financial management capability.
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Strong analytical, financial reporting, and presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- High leadership and administrative capacity
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills and Proficient in Microsoft office suite
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Co-operative Bank of Kenya career website on www.co-opbank.co.ke to apply