The successful candidate will provide effective and efficient co-ordination and supervision of accounting, financial and treasury management through the development and implementation of sound accounting & financial systems and internal control procedures in accordance with regulations, standards and Sacco policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership in overall financial management in the preparation of the Sacco’s financial statements, budget formulation and SACCO investment strategy.
- Preparation of timely, consistent and accurate financial statements in accordance with the SACCO’s policies and procedures and statutory reporting.
- Interpretation of financial information to the Board and Management.
- Data analysis and advice to senior managers on ideas to maximize profits.
- Monitoring cash flows and conducting forecasts that provide guidance to the Sacco in planning and decision making.
- Initiate and implement sound management policies to ensure accounting processes and procedures are effective, with performance monitoring systems that comply with prudential regulatory standards and risk management strategies.
- Establish good working relations with professionals (bankers, auditors or statutory organizations) and regulators such as SASRA that support growth of a vibrant financial institution.
- Manage the SACCO’s budgets against actual performance and advise the board and senior management on modalities to maintain growth and the long term financial goals of the SACCO.
- Update the Sacco Board and management on changes in legislation or regulations that may affect business operations.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A professional accounting qualification – CPA (K)
- MBA in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or related field would be an added advantage
- 5-7 years’ experience in Financial Management in a Financial institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Planning and Management
- Strong analytical and numeric skills
- Articulate communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of financial software and computer applications
- A proven track record in organization and problem solving skills for effective and prompt decision making
- Sound knowledge in Deposit taking SACCOS, Accounting Standards (IFRS) and the regulator’s (SASRA) guidelines governing DTS’s
- Be between 30 – 45 years of age.
- Flare in Current Financial and Business Trends
- Have unquestionable Integrity
- Excellent People and Culture Management Skills
- Tax Compliance from KRA
- Certificate of Good conduct
How to Apply
- Applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to send their applications together with their resume’s and testimonials stating their current and expected remuneration, quoting the job reference as the subject header, to email@example.com so as to reach us by ( 22nd July 2016)
- NB: Applications that are incomplete or that are received beyond the deadline will not be considered.