Job Title: Internal Auditor – Thika
Our client is one of the leading Sasra regulated Saccos in Thika. It is members driven with over 5000 registered members.
They are seeking to hire an Internal Auditor who will mainly be responsible for assessing how well risk management processes are working.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Attend meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes;
- Providing ad-hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels
- Performing risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what to cover in audits
- Providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities;
- Preparing reports to highlight issues and problems and distributing the reports to the relevant people;
- Assessing how well the business is complying to rules and regulations and informing management whether any issues need addressing;
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
- Bachelors degree in Finance / Accounting with CPA (K)
- At least 3 years experience as Internal Auditor
- Experience in Sasra regulated institutions an added advantage
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Internal Auditor – Thika) to [email protected] before Wednesday 9th September, 2015
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.