Our Client a medium size urban Sacco with a members of 1200 members and operating within Kiambu Sub county wishes to recruit an Internal Auditor.
Primary Responsibilities: Reporting to the Board Committee, Internal Auditor is responsible for facilitating the achievement of the Audit Functions objectives which should be consistent with the SACCO’S strategy and business goals.
- Preparing of audit plans in line with society requirement
- Assessing risks to the Society with a focus on threats to existing operations and profitability
- Establishing and maintaining policies, standard and guidelines Specific to the effective discharge of roles and responsibilities of the internal audit function
- Reviewing, evaluating and reporting on adequacy of laid down policies, procedure and controls
- Evaluating and advising Management and the Board on the adequacy of internal controls and procedures
- Performing reviews of information Systems installation and service to determine the adequacy of logical and physical security controls and backups
- Ensuring that recommendation by the external auditors and relevant authorities are implemented
- Anticipating emerging issues through research and interviews and deciding how best to deal with them;
- Providing support and guidance to management on how to handle new opportunities;
- Agreeing recommendations with relevant staff members to make improvements to operations.
- Preparing relevant reports for the Board as well as Management
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications.
Experience, Knowledge and Abilities
- Business degree and CPA (K).
- Minimum THREE (3) years’ of experience a financial institution and preferably a SACCO.
- Strong analytical and numeric skills as well as proficiency in all MS Office applications.
- Team player with excellent communication, decision making, inter-personal and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit detailed curriculum vitae indicating their current and expected remuneration package to: [email protected] by 27th June 2017.