POSITION REF NO: AASL/RCT/SM/2017
Our client, ActionAid SACCO is located in Nairobi with a membership of 400 spread in all parts of the Kenya. The Sacco is looking for a dynamic and experienced person to fill the vacant position of the SACCO Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the person will be responsible for the day to day management of the SACCO operations. He/she will also be responsible for the overall planning, administration, coordination and evaluation of all functions of the SACCO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and oversee the implementation of all the SACCO’s long term and short terms plans in accordance with its strategy.
- To grow the SACCO business in terms of products, loan portfolio, revenues and assets in line with the SACCO’s strategy.
- Ensuring timely presentation of financial, management and regulatory reports to the board, the members and authorized third parties including Auditors, regulatory authorities and the Ministry.
- To assess, monitor and manage the principal risks of the SACCO.
- To ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
- To ensure effective communication with members, employees, Government authorities and other stakeholders.
- To ensure that the Directors are properly informed and sufficient information provided to enable the board make informed decisions.
- To ensure compliance with the SACCO’S policies, procedures and standards.
- To ensure compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements
- To ensure timely implementation of the Board recommendations
- To implement recommendations of the Audit reports and Supervisory committee reports.
- To monitor and ensure expenditures of the SACCO are within the authorized annual budgetary allocations.
- To ensure the SACCO is appropriately organized and staffed to enable it achieve the approved strategy.
- To ensure staff performance management through the implementation of the staff targets and performance appraisals.
- Bachelor of Commerce or any business related degree from a recognized university
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya
- A member of a professional organization preferably Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya.
- 5 years working experience at a senior level in a busy working environment and preferably in the Co-operative Sector.
- Computer literate and conversant with SACCOs’ Accounting software systems.
- Must be between 28 – 45 years old.
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Team player & strong self-motivation
- Excellent report writings skills and accurate minutes writing.