Our client a licensed deposit taking SACCO seeks to recruit suitably qualified persons for the Procurement Officer position:
Job Scope: Procurement & Disposal functions
Responsible for: N/A
Summary: In charge of the procurement function of the Sacco and ensures that all supplies to the Society are done in compliance with the Procurement Policy
- Prepares the Sacco’s procurement plans and ensures that tender documents are properly prepared and presented to the board
- Ensures that effective and efficient re-order levels for various items are fixed and maintained and Prepares orders for various supply items.
- Ensures that all procurement is done in accordance with the procedures as per procurement policy and that it is in compliance to the internal and external audit requirements.
- Prepares, receives, records and analyses tender documents for discussion by the Tender committee.
- Receives supplies and verifies them against orders in respect to quality, quantity and price.
- To process, maintain and ensure safe custody of procurement documents and samples.
- Liaises with the Finance Department to ensure suppliers are paid timely.
- Conducts price surveys and monitors factors that affect price levels for planning purposes.
- Liaises with suppliers to ensure performance in accordance with service agreements or contract.
- Draws service level agreements with suppliers and contract managements.
- Ensures rent rates policy based on professional market survey is in place to achieve a competitive edge.
- Preparation of procurement plans
- Keeping minutes for the procurement committee
- Procurement of goods for head office and branches
- Must be a holder of a degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management from a recognized university;
- Have satisfactorily served in a Sacco or a comparable position with similar responsibilities or in like organizations for a minimum of three (3) years;
- Thorough understanding of procurement laws
How to Apply