Business Analytics Developer Job at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the IT Planning & Delivery Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking to engage on permanent basis a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Analytics & Service development – the role holder will:
- Develop and provide 3rd line support of Safaricom Management Information Systems (Data Warehouse and Business intelligence (BI)) and all reporting and analytics systems. These will include, but not be limited to, Churn management tools, Fraud management and Revenue Assurance systems, Data Mining Systems, Campaign Management Systems, Customer Experience Management systems and Dealer Incentive Management systems.
- Work with other departments within the company to identify requirements and develop solutions (database design, scripts, workflows and user/data interfaces)
- Configure and/or customize Business Analytics systems to meet business requirements using various database and software tools
- Assist in presentations of system functionality to new users and departments
- Enhance and create user and system documentation as needed
- Design and development of service tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business analytics applications. Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components.
- Performs data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within business analytics systems
- Coding of all ETL and analytics processes used within the Business Analytics systems.
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that reporting needs can be effectively developed and implemented.
- Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications
- Work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations.
- Perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents.
- Formalize test plans and implements troubleshooting procedures.
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications.
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue
- Participation and membership in various technical fora for the purpose of increasing the collective knowledge base of the team.
Requirements for Business Analytics Developer Job
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science
- Certification in RDBMS
- 2+ years development experience with development tools e.g. Java, C#
- 2+ years’ experience RDMS preferably Oracle, MS SQL Server.
- 2+ years’ experience in data warehousing, business analytics, knowledge in Business Systems modeling and data retrieval
- R Programming, SAS/SPSS Data Mining & Big Data experience will be an added advantage
- Advanced Unix & python scripting skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Click here to apply