Safaricom is pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Ethics & Compliance Department within the Risk Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:-
Reporting to the Head of Department – Ethics & Compliance, the successful candidate will be required to lead fraud and other ethical investigations within Safaricom by proactively gathering, evaluating investigation evidence and recommending actions to be taken including changes to processes to reduce exposure to Fraud risks. This role will be responsible for managing a team of investigators both corporate and attached law enforcement officers.
Fraud Investigations Job Detailed Description
- To identify, propose and lead the implementation of strategic objectives for the Fraud Investigations Team;
- To analyze and evaluate information/evidence gathered, identify investigation objectives, define investigative approach and ensure investigations are executed according to work-plan within SLAs defined;
- To manage all fraud investigations and ensure that they are cost-efficient and are conducted within budget & agreed timelines;
- To undertake significant fraud investigations for sensitive & high-level cases as instructed/escalated by senior management;
- Managing and strengthening engagement with Law Enforcement Agencies & Criminal/Civil Justice system e.g. CID/regular/Administration Police, Cyber-crime, Interpol, Banking Fraud, Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission, Kenya Army, Lawyers, Judges/Magistrates and Prosecutors etc. in the fight against crime & fraud;
- Managing and strengthening engagement with other Industry & non-industry players to enhance co-operation on mutually beneficial information, fraud investigations, asset tracing & recovery etc;
- To oversee and effectively manage risk-based intelligence-gathering networks in all areas of business;
- To develop and maintain a regular KPI monitoring and reporting system to EXCO & Board Audit Committee;
- To propose, discuss and agree recommendations to improve control weaknesses identified during investigations and regularly follow up for their implementation;
- To effectively manage investigative tools and ensure they are only used as and when required.
Requirements for Fraud Investigations Job
- A graduate with a bachelor’s degree is a MUST, preferably in Forensics, Engineering, IT, Accounting, Commerce or any business degree. A Masters’ degree in any of the above fields is an added advantage;
- Professional certification in Fraud Examination, Auditing, IT Security, Accounting, Risk management or Information systems audit is a MUST;
- Have at least 8 years’ experience in an auditing, forensics or risk management environment;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- High level experience and skills working with many stakeholders;
- Ability to work with speed and within short timelines;
- High degree of integrity.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed please send your resume and application letter here quoting the job reference number to the address below.