Intern – Purchasing & Logistics Job at Safaricom
Organization Name: TES – Operations Support
We are pleased to announce the following Internship vacancy in the TES Operations Support section within the Technology Enterprise Services Department of Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager Operations Support; the position holder will responsible for preparation of purchase requisitions in the enterprise resources planning system (ERP), receipting purchase orders after delivery of goods and/or services, migration of customers from WiMAX& 3rd Party fiber to SFC fiber, recovery of decommissioned equipment from customer premises and keep up-to-date the databases for fixed data customers.
Purchasing & Logistics Internship Detailed Description
- Liaison with end users to correctly their requirements in the preparation of internal purchase requisitions
- Reviewing vendor quotations & proform as and ensuring quoted prices match contract or supply chain approved rates
- Raising purchase requisitions in ERP
- Follow through with PR approvers and escalate when necessary when there are delays in the PR approval process
- Documenting and keeping records of all purchase requisition raised on ERP
- Ensure that purchase orders are auto-created after PRs are fully approved in ERP
- Follow through with PO approvers and escalate when necessary when there are delays in the PO approval process
- Ensure that vendors receive purchase orders (PO)after PO is fully approved
- Documenting and keeping records of all purchase orders raised on ERP
- Match invoices to POs and ensure that vendor have provided all relevant supporting documents before receipting POs
- Receipting of POs after goods and/or services have been delivered
- Notifying users when requested goods have been delivered to the warehouse
- Liaison with users and the warehouses to ensure that delivered goods and/or services conform to the user requirements and PO terms
- Liaison with finance to resolve delayed payments to vendors when contract payment terms are violated
- Generate equipment move orders as needed by the department to allow movement of equipment into and out of the warehouse.
- Keep records of equipment move orders to facilitate asset tracking
- Updating the fixed data customer database (Cellbase)to facilitate migration of customers to SFC fibre
- Coordinating recovery of SFC assets from customer sites after customer service termination or churns
Requirements for Purchasing & Logistics Internship
- Under-graduate student in a business related field.
- Hands-on experience in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Supply chain operations experience is an added advantage
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken
- A highly motivated person with a positive attitude towards work, innovative, creative, results oriented with excellent analytical skills
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is an internship position for students currently studying Business related degree courses or those who have graduated not more that 12 months ago.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal here and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.