Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following Database Administration vacancy in the IS Operations Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Infrastructure Support, the position holder will be responsible for Administration, Performance tuning, Capacity planning, management and 3rd line support of ALL Safaricom Enterprise Database (DB) Systems that include DBs for Oracle e-Business Suite (ERP), BI Systems, CRM, Fraud Management, Revenue Assurance, POS and all other IT database systems.
- Database administration and support lifecycle including backup/recovery, automation, maintenance;
- Supporting the development, system test, user acceptance, training and production database environments;
- Ensure 99.99% availability maintained for all critical databases;
- Ensure 95% of tickets raised are responded to within the 1st hour of incident reporting;
- Ensure 90% of tickets closure is maintained;
- Identify and implementing Best Practices for Database Administration;
- Design BCP and HA solutions for critical systems in order to achieve zero downtime during maintenance and failures;
- Assist Infrastructure, Enterprise Business Unit (EBU) teams and other Technology teams with hardware and support requirements for database administration;
- Ensure Conformance to security standards for databases and data integrity;
- Develop retention policies and architecture for all systems, whilst maintaining BCP;
- Ensure regular reviews on ILM policies conducted;
- Ensure dimensioning of systems is done periodically based on demand experienced and projected;
- Ensure optimal performance of all systems maintained conforming to the SLA agreements between business and Quality Assurance.
- Degree in Computer Science or Technical Related Field;
- With at least 4 years’ hands on Experience in Managing large databases;
- Experience in Oracle RAC, Dataguard, RMAN and Engineered Database & Exalytic Systems.
- Database Systems Administration Techniques – understanding DB Performance tuning on various Operating Systems.
- Attention to details and analytical thinking.
- Certification –OCP DBA; Oracle Apps Systems Administration; SQL Server Administration.
- Certification in any of the following or related trainings is an added advantage-Oracle Certified Master-UNIX/Linux Certification
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Safaricom Kenya career website on shub.safaricom.co.ke to apply