Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Fraud Detection and Analysis, the role holder is responsible for leading fraud reviews and forensic analysis assignments, managing specific anti-fraud projects or initiatives, and undertake execution of Fraud Detection monitoring plan.
Responsibilities for the Principal Officer-Fraud Detection & Analysis Job
- Technical Lead in Fraud Reviews/ Forensic Audits in critical or high fraud risk areas across the business;
- Responsible for analyzing and monitoring unusual data patterns that may indicate fraud/ unethical conduct.
- Spot negative trends, and potential risky behavior;
- Detection and first-level investigation of GSM and financial services fraud and immediate response to all suspicious alerts. Identification of potential risks and actions to mitigate recurrence of incidences.
- Responsible for managing and supporting specific anti-fraud initiatives or projects to improve the fraud risk position for the company;
- Provide input in development of the Fraud management strategy. Develop & optimize strategies for the identification of potential fraudulent activities;
- Manage the Fraud Helpdesk that handles customer fraud related escalations and lead initiatives that improve customer experience and protects them from fraudulent activities;
- Support specific initiatives or projects in relation to Fraud detection;
Qualifications for the Principal Officer-Fraud Detection & Analysis Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related discipline;
- Certification in a fraud related discipline, in particular Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- 4-7 years forensic work experience in a financial services environment;
- Strong technical knowledge of GSM network business models and processes;
- Outstanding analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and problem-solving skills;
- Multitasking and prioritization skills required to function in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to liaise and influence functions across the business;
- Conceptual thinker, ability to wade through data and arrive at conclusions;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail to clearly present findings and communicate with a variety of business partners;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Safaricom Kenya career website on shub.safaricom.co.ke to apply