Area Sales Manager Jobs at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Regional Sales & Operations Department –Rift Region within the Regional Sales & Operations Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager-Regional Sales Rift Region the position holder will be responsible for indirect generation of sales revenue through effective management of Safaricom Business in the assigned area.
This will be achieved by ensuring availability of the company’s products and services in the area at all times and effectively aligning Distribution Partners- Dealers,Mpesa Agents and Retailers to meet the Trade Execution objectives.
They will also grow Sales within the Area by developing innovative ways of increasing/growing airtime sales at the Point of Purchase; Value added services and connections by ensuring availability of the company products at all times while ensuring compliance with acceptable Business practises within the area of Accountability.
Area Sales Manager Job Responsibilities
- Effective implementation of distribution strategy in the trade to achieve availability and grow sales within the assigned area.
- Ensure achievement of set sales and Usage targets i.e. Monthly, quarterly, semiannually or annually.
- Prepare, plan and execute Area Sales programs aimed at market penetration, availability of the company products and services at all time.
- Ensure shops are well branded according to Safaricom standards in order to create awareness & ensure that stores are well stocked and sell at recommended sales prices
Requirements for the Area Sales Manager Job
- Degree preferable in Business Studies e.g. BCOM degree – Marketing Option a plus
- At least 3 Years’ experience in trade execution preferably within FMCG Environment of which;
- 1 year must be in Sales Managerial Position.
- Good communication skills
How to Apply