We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Technology Strategy, Assurance & Governance Department within the Technology Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Network Quality & Service assurance, the position holder will be charged with the responsibility of providing end to end assurance for Safaricom home solutions by ensuring that the customers have the best network experience and continuously work towards improving the Customer experience.
They will also formulate and drive plans geared towards achievement of superior Network Experience in home solutions.
Assurance Engineer Job Responsibilities
- To ensure the best network performance of the Safaricom home solutions and improved Customer experience
- Oversee and manage delivery of leadership in competitive benchmark of home solution services
- Drive implementation of sustainability plans to ensure that competitive leadership in network performance is maintained.
- Formulate and drive plans geared towards achievement of superior Network Experience in home solutions.
- Using Network statistics to gauge Network Performance through Monitoring, reporting & follow up of Network
- Performance issues
- Investigate network degradation and reported issues and follow up till resolution
- Timely and Accurate reports to the executive and the Business to guide policy on network and technology
- Post change evaluation to ensure stable or improved network quality
- Provide leadership in network analytics and performance on home solutions
- Ensure Best network offering by providing assurance on all home solutions
- Device analytics for devices in use for home solutions
- Support the formulation of the improvement plan for the identified gaps.
Requirements for the Assurance Engineer Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecom engineering /electrical& electronics engineering/IT from a recognized university;
- Good knowledge in networking with CCNP certification
- Good knowledge in FTTH, WIFI and TV solutions
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a Telecom environment.
- Good working knowledge in network performance management and understanding of network measurement gathering and analysis in fixed data.
- Good working knowledge of fixed data network solution, Operations & Maintenance, IP Planning and Operational practices.
- Good understanding of the data analysis through querying of relational databases.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and multiple simultaneous projects.
How to Apply