Principal IT Business Analyst Job at Safaricom, Kenya
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the IT Planing and Delivery department within the Technology Division.In keeping with our current needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager -Business Analysis and Relationship Management,the job holder will be responsible for theoversight of gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements in a format that is useful to business end users and technical developers.
- The role holder will also propose ways in which the existing processes and systems canbe used or changed to meet new business requirements as well as point out and identify new systems needed to meet business requirements, participate in enterprise solutions procurement and adoption processes within the context of a well-established Enterprise IT Architecture.
IT Business Analyst Job Detailed Description
- Supervise, motivate, reward, discipline and evaluate staff performance.
- Assign tasks, and define goals andobjectives for the staff.
- Guide the section and direct the development of related policies and procedures and SLA’s.
- Mentor and coach the direct reports withinthe team.
- Carry out full business requirements discovery that includes interviewing relevant stakeholders and end-users.
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards
- Create high-level solution designs to meet business requirements by exploiting the functionality available in IT systems already in Safaricom, or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new systems,in accordance with enterprise architecture.
- Collaboratively develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications with business, technical,and testing team members.
- Participate in technical/functional evaluation of bids for new systems.
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached forall requirements/specifications and help business, IT, and test leads to havethe same mutual understanding thereof.
- Drive adoption of agile based methodologies in business analysis.
- Ensure minimum value propositions are achieved in agile delivery of key solutions.
- Promote proper release planning,guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities and as a consequence,contribute to the reduction of development costs in future
- Follow a prioritization process that is transparent and understandable for all parties involved
- Keep stakeholders constantly up-to-date on progress.
- Support resource allocation decisions during project prioritization with stakeholders
- Review test cases for accuracy. Validate UserAcceptance results conform to requirements.
- Verify that requirements are testable and generate testing objectives.
- Review test cases for accuracy.
Requirements for IT Business Analyst Job
- Degree in Science/computer science/ICT/Engineering/Business related.
- 5 year experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis.
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools
- Expertise in enterprise architecture.
- Demonstrated experience producing requirements that support test-driven development.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate teams to deliver to required quality and timelines.
- Demonstrated experience in agile project delivery.
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal here and then Click on the apply button.Remember to attach your resume.