Innovation Product Lead Jobs at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Innovation Department. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer, the position holder will develop innovative solutions, taking ideas to project stage through keen, insightful understanding of business strategy and venturing into new arena for Safaricom.
The position holder will implement the On the Horizon program to curate ideas that have the potential to shift Safaricom’s business as well as implementing joint development or collaborations ventures with startups focusing on a specific value chain, such as agribusiness, education or others.
Innovation Product Lead Job Responsibilities
- To develop innovation programs;
- To facilitate ideation and incubation of new ideas;
- To create an environment of growth to promote development for ideas thereby directing/leading them to project initiation phase and guide over to the respective delivery team. Work with delivery teams there on to support through execution and
- To initially expect the candidate to help with many of the startup challenges that require operational management.
Requirements for the Innovation Product Lead Job
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 10 years of work experience, with at least 3 years of proven track record of leadership roles ideally in the entrepreneurial space;
- Global experience in the development space with a focus on societal impact will be an added advantage;
- Distinct analytical and systematic thinking;
- Strong experience in leading and pushing forward the Innovation agenda.
- Exceptional operational skills and very good domain knowledge in the areas of agribusiness, education, fintech and other fields;
- Strong analytical skills in the design of programs, collection of evidence and management of programs;
- Outstanding communication skills both in spoken and written form.
How to Apply