We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the sustainability and social policy unit in Corporate Responsibility Department within the Corporate Affairs Division in keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below. Reporting to the Senior Manager Sustainability and Social Policy, the Sustainability and Social Policy Function is responsible for strategic management of: Sustainable development goals business strategy, Social policy and partnerships.
- Sustainable development goals business strategy
- To manage, track, report and innovate on Safaricom’s Sustainable Development Goals business strategy and divisional initiatives;
- To identify and drive opportunities for Safaricom’s active participation in sustainability and SDGs fora.
Responsibilities for the Sustainability and Social Policy Job
- To manage, track, report and innovate on Safaricom’s Social Policy;
- To identify and drive opportunities for Safaricoms active participation in social policy fora.
- To create partnerships and collaboration with partners for common approach to implement the sustainable development goals;
- To create partnerships and collaboration with partners for common approach to implement the social policy imperatives
- To create a partnership road map for implementation that cuts across social policy as well as sustainability.
Sustainability and Social Policy Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, development studies, sustainability, diplomacy and economics;
- A postgraduate degree, diploma or certificates in courses in social policy, public policy and sustainability will be an added advantage;
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in the sustainability and social policy sector for the manufacturing, construction or ICT sector or large scale industry;
- At least 1 year of process management experience.
- Additional Details
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume. Deadline for application is 4th January 2017.