We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the IT Planning & Delivery Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
- Reporting to the HOD IT Planning & Delivery Department, the position holder will provide departmental support to the Head of Department, IT Planning & Delivery Department and the general Administration support to the department.
Project Operations Officer Job Detailed Description
- Ensure timely and accurate management of activities within the department.
- Responding to enquiries, correspondence both telephone and written directed to the HOD office;
- Book/schedule all meetings and coordination of logistical activities for the HOD and departmental meetings in liaison with concerned parties.
- Follow up on all meetings the HOD is scheduled to attend to confirm time & logistics ;
- Reporting – departmental reports and presentations;
- Coordinate the Department’s transport & travel activities;
- Managing departmental pool car(s) ensuring availability and proper usage; includes servicing of vehicles and repairs, managing fuel usage, licenses, insurance and inspection;
- Coordinate events/projects e.g. Teambuilding, etc. by providing administrative support;
- Coordinate and monitor new staff induction program in liaison with HR;
- Making stationary request and ensuring that the Office has sufficient stationary stock levels at all times;
- OPEX Forecasting – Management, review & analysis of Departmental OPEX – review monthly cost Centre reports and analyze variance between budget forecasts and actuals and making recommendations to the management on resolving the variance;
- CAPEX – Ensuring proper documentation is provided on time, signed off and stored for all projects covering from CAPEX Governance to project spending. Monthly reports to review the lessons learnt and improve on further financial processes.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions (OPEX and CAPEX) as requested and ensure they’re posted in correct accounts;
- Follow-up with Finance and ensure the corresponding PO is received and delivered to the supplier.
- Document Storage – Ensuring that all documents are well stored for CAPEX as well as all OPEX receipts.
- Project resource planning –Plan for project team sitting space, avail test equipment, meeting room reservations, environment installations.
- Project Operations support – Perform support/administration activities throughout the project cycle to ensure all logistics are planned for the project teams.
- Coordinate department/division CSR activities and events.
- Liaison with different sections in the company to ensure vendors or contractors have all they need to work within the Safaricom premises.
Requirements for Project Operations Officer Job
- Degree in Business Administration, Secretarial or Information Technology.
- Diploma in Project Management is an added advantage.
- C.P.A qualification is desirable;
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Personal Assistant to a Head of Department in a blue chip company preferably in an Engineering/IT;
- Excellent knowledge and hands on working experience in operating Microsoft Office suite- Ms Word, Ms Excel & Ms Outlook is a must. Knowledge of Oracle financial is essential;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Numerical and analytical skills;
- Project management experience will be an added advantage;
- Patient and a positive attitude towards customers ( Internal and external);
- Personable and presentable with impeccable grooming & etiquette;
- Must be proactive with ability to take pre-emptive measures to contain a situation;
- Good telephone handling skills;
- Team player;
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.