We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Strategy & Planning Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Department-Strategy & Planning, the position holder will shape and drive end to end Radio & Access Network strategy and Architecture for Safaricom ensuring that our network evolves to deliver the best customer experience, enable new rich services and meet future operational targets. This role requires a high caliber individual with strong strategic mindset, solid understanding of network architectures and proven track record for working effectively with a wide set of stakeholders on complex technology programmes.
- Developing architectural framework required to deliver strategy;
- Defining vision and overall strategy to meet business needs;
- Integrating opportunities/challenges across network domains to create aligned set of strategic priorities;
- Ensuring we create an effective end-to-end network to deliver future customer needs/opportunities at lowest cost;
- Manage interfaces with other technology domains, Corporate Strategy, Vodafone Technology network (VTN) and Vodafone Group OpCos to ensure aligned approach towards strategy and architecture development, working as one team to deliver benefit for our customers;
- Working with procurement and technology network domains to ensure we leverage supplier competition to drive innovation, manage costs and provide best customer experience;
- Manage the transition and delivery of architectural elements based on project requirements;
- Develop and communicate governance framework for technology;
- Drive sharing knowledge, decisions, patterns and lessons learnt to integrate new solutions;
- Drive uniformity of technology approach for planning & operational processes across technology;
- Attract and recruit the best talent;
- Develop the team through Learning initiative, mentoring, coaching so as to create technology subject leads within the Strategy Function;
- Drive attainment of efficiencies through continuous improvement and or automation of process/activities with clearly identified and agreed on key performance measures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- University degree in a telecommunications biased discipline;
- Experience of leading development of complex technology strategies, architectures or roadmaps;
- Good understanding of broad set of Network technologies desired;
- Proven track record in network strategy development;
- Proven track record in network architecture development;
- Supplier strategy experience.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here