We are pleased to announce the following Job Opportunity in Security Department within the Risk Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Department-Security, the position holder will provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the Security Department while helping the team to be more productive and efficient through management and delivery of all round- regional physical and personnel security and emergency management requirements. Supervision and coordination of provision of security, safety and emergency management related requirements for company facilities, staff and ecosystem partners.
Responsibilities for the Security Manager Jobs in Kenya
- Manage all aspects of physical and personnel security for company facilities and regional staff. Design & plan, propose, implement, manage, monitor & improve all elements that include, access control, perimeter security, surveillance systems, physical guarding, back-up response, security escorts, event security and network infrastructure security.
- Conduct emergency evacuation drills, coordinate fire marshal activities within the region, including their training and daily operations rosters.
- Issue security updates and advisories to staff.
- Provide a single point of contact for staff and all ecosystem partners for security, safety and emergency management. Provide a linkage to other business units with other government and county authorities.
- Undertake security management operations that include; security sweeps, penetration tests, intruder detection and alarm response infrastructure serviceability and tests, ensure all regional security and fire safety infrastructure is serviced and maintained serviceable as per SLA, journey management, security surveys, internal security audits, proactively deal with operational gaps in security and staff safety and operate the regional security control rooms.
- Liaison & Investigations to include issues/cases affecting company mobile and immobile assets, liaison with law enforcement agencies on resolution of matters that require such intervention.
- Coordinate the conduct of bi-annual security awareness briefs at all manned company facilities in conjunction with contracted security risk management consultant.
- Support all LEA elements in the respective regions with necessary liaison.
- Apply and continuously review policies, processes and procedures pertaining to physical and personnel security. Ensure alignment of policies and procedures to ISO standards and document and enforce SLA’s with all service providers
- Develop inputs into the budgets and forecasts for all physical and personnel security related services for
- Safaricom facilities in the region. Manage the assigned security budget for the respective region and all security related projects. Project management of all security related projects within the region.
- Manage security personnel seconded by contractors on service provision.
Qualifications for the Safaricom Security Manager Jobs in Kenya
- Degree in Security Management/Administration or any technical/business discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Military or Police with adequate exposure in command appointments preferably not below the rank of “Major” from the Military and “Senior Superintendent – (SSP)” from the Police.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Corporate Security Management in a large corporate firm with multiple facilities
- General knowledge of Kenyan Laws and Government Regulations pertaining to law enforcement.
- Experience in investigations will be an added advantage
- Desired – Professional qualification in Security Management
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive matters
- Team player
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal – with graphs and trends for ease of understanding.
- Multitasking and prioritization skills required to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Responds flexibly to changing situations
- Uphold 100 % accuracy, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work under tight timelines and deliver accurate results.
How To Apply