Safety Manager Job at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Health Safety & Wellness Department within the Resources Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Safety Manager Job Brief Description
- Reporting to the Head of Health Safety & Wellness, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing Employee Care and Wellness; Employee Assistance programmes ;Occupational Hazards Management; Health & Safety Standards and Regulations; Emergency Preparedness and Accident & Incident Investigations. The incumbent will also drive a Safety Culture in Safaricom for sustained safety performance, drive zero injury mind-set and develop Safety strategy in order to meet goal zero.
Safety Manager Job Detailed Description
- To develop a broad-based Safaricom Safety strategy across all areas of operation with a zero injury mind-set;
- To drive the Safety annual plan;
- To formulate Safaricom Safety policies and procedures in order to meet defined regulation and standards;
- To conduct periodic evaluation of workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations;
- To design safety training and education programs;
- To investigate accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future;
- To design specific Safety initiatives, including provision of tools, processes, coaching and best practice sharing;
- To establish procedures for handling complaints from employees;
- To anchor safety letters and safety bulletins on safety problems;
- To lead role in Supply Chain and Contractor Safety management;
- To drive a beyond-compliance safety culture in the organization and
- To liaise with government agencies on Safety implementation.
Requirements for Safety Manager Job
- Engineering or Science graduate / post graduate with post diploma in industrial safety and
- 3-5 years minimum related experience and/or training in Corporate Safety environment.
Critical competencies for success
- Strong understanding of the Safaricom Business operations ;
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
How to Apply
Click here to apply