Sage Inventory Accountant Jobs at Corporate Staffing
Industry: Renewable Energy
Salary: 65k – 80k based on experience
Location: Nairobi with travel around Kenya
Our client an award winning renewable energy manufacturer and distributor of solar products ranging from solar lights, energy cooking stoves and other home appliances.
It also offers energy services in small shops in the rural areas. They now seek to hire an experienced inventory accountant knowledgeable in Sage Evolution to assume ownership of all inventory accounting responsibilities and take initiative to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the various tasks associated with this position.
Sage Inventory Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Establishing and implementing inventory management policies and procedures.
- Lead and Perform daily weekly and monthly physical stock checks in all the kiosks and highlight variances to the management.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant departments.
- Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels at warehouse/inventory locations based on Re-order levels
- Coordinate with accounts department and marketing department to ensure that all product costs are properly taken in the cost of sales and inventory costs.
- Responsible for communicating with all department managers and purchasing on inventory levels and locations.
- Coordinate with supply chain team to implement and ensure control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence.
- Reviewing obsolete/redundant inventory to facilitate their removal from the warehouse.
- Assist in preparation and support of external audits engagements
- Assist with planning, execution, reconciliation and financial reporting.
- Be proactive in planning and executing to meet month-end close, financial reporting deadlines and other accounting deadlines.
- Ensure financial records are compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Assist with maintaining and developing strong internal controls.
- Revise/create process narratives and standard operating procedures related to area of responsibility.
- Assist other functional units within the Finance team in carrying out jobs as and when required by the management.
- Ensure accurate posting of all inventory transactions to the Tally system
Qualifications for the Sage Inventory Accountant Job
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or suitable background experience in inventory management in retail
- CPA ‘K’ holder
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in Sage Evolution.
- Operationally oriented and comfortable working in a retail company (e.g supermarket, clothing store etc.) environment and experience with branch operations would be ideal
- Have a detailed understanding of current inventory control systems with a working knowledge of retail company processes
- 4 years experience in a busy environment in which 2 years in the relevant/same field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate Tally and POS experiences
How to Apply